How Can You Reverse Wrinkles Caused by Smoking?
Did you smoke for a long time and now quit it, but worried about how to reverse your wrinkles caused by smoking? Here is an answer to your question.
Smoking is the second leading cause of wrinkles next to sun exposure that damages your skin completely. It is really difficult to reverse your wrinkles caused by smoking in case you are a heavy smoker or smoked for a long time. If really
want to reverse some of the damage, the best way to do it is to quit smoking completely.
How smoking causes wrinkles?
- Smoking greatly reduces the amount of oxygen supplied to the skin by reducing circulation.
- It decreases collagen formation which the main structural component of the skin. This ultimately results in reduction of water content in the skin.
- Smoking reduces the absorption of Vitamin A and C which provide skin protection.
- Smoking promotes collagen deterioration and decreases blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Smoking makes your skin thin.
- Smoking decreases the circulation level of estrogen in women that causes dryness and disintegration of tissues.
All of the above factors give rise to wrinkles caused by smoking.
So what to do if you’ve quit smoking and still worried about your wrinkles?
Here are some suggestions.
- Take a healthy diet.
- Take Vitamin A and C supplements
- Exercise daily and practice yoga that helps in bringing blood and oxygen to your skin.
- Avoid alcohol and other caffeine products.
- If you want drastic improvements, then you can opt for wrinkle different treatments according to the severity.
- If you can’t afford for expensive treatments, then go for home cosmetic products that contain glycolic acid.