What is Crows feet?
Most people especially women as they enter their 30’s, begin to worry about their appearance on seeing signs of aging. Crows feet is one such concern to them.
Crow’s feet are fine lines or wrinkles which tend to appear around the eyes. They generally begin from the outer corners of the eye. Crow’s feet is associated with aging. It expands and deepen with natural aging. Apart from aging, factors like sun exposure, squinting smoking and other genetic factors also contribute to crows feet.
Ways to minimize crows feet
Crows feet is unavoidable but there are few methods which can help subside or reduce this. Though they are also temporary.
- An eye cream containing glycolic acid reduces crowfeet. Glycolic acid helps wrinkled and old cells to fall off thereby permitting new cells to grow. Cream containing not more than 5% glycolic acid is generally prescribed.
- A sunscreen is a must. It prevents darkening and burning sensation near your eyes caused by sun exposure. As mentioned already exposure to sun also contributes to crowfeet. Hence avoid it as far as possible.
Sunglasses or a hat also prevents exposure of your eyes to sun.
- Various eye movements like squinting causes wrinkles around the eyes.
- Smoke also contributes to crowfeet. Avoid being around active smokers.
- Creams containing Retinol help filling in small wrinkles therefore minimizing crows feet.
- Last but not the least Botox injections helps improving the appearance of crows feet. The effect lasts for 3 to 6 months.