Mouth Wrinkles- Causes, Treatments
As age progresses there is loss of skin elasticity and vigor. Due to this reason, it leads to wrinkles. Mouth wrinkle develop mostly depending on the amount of smiling and talking one does. This articles talks about causes and ways to treat wrinkles.
Causes of Mouth Wrinkles
Enhanced facial movements, Pollution and Sun exposure, expressions such as Smiling, thinking hard and frowning can be a cause for wrinkles in the mouth region.
Ways to Treat Mouth Wrinkles
- The most common treatment procedure is face lift therapy. This procedure is effective for about ten years. It helps in removal of unwanted skin and gives a firmer and younger look to the skin.
- Botox injections are less expensive and effective form of treatment. In this treatment procedure, botox is injected into the skin to paralyze muscles that later leads to the production of relaxed and fresher skin.
- Anti wrinkle creams are also effective. Their effectiveness is mostly due to the presence of collagen component in it. They work by sealing and reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Avoid smoking as this is the best way to reduce wrinkles around the mouth. Generally, during smoking one has to pucker their lips over and over for long periods of time. This procedure often leads to the appearance of lines on the skin and premature aging.
- Use of alpha hydroxy cleanser can be of help. This cleanser enhances the production of collagen that is essential for healthy skin. It also plays a vital role in replacing older damaged cells with young skin cells.
- Avoid exposure to sun for a longer period of time. Use sun blocking agents containing zinc oxide. Timely and regular protection from sun can be of help to remove wrinkles.
- Intake foods rich in vitamin C. Fresh vegetables and fruits should be included in the diet. Inclusion of these foods in the diet helps in maintenance of skin tone and elasticity.
- Taking foods that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids helps to maintain radiant skin.
- Always keep your skin moistened.
- Regular exercises can be of help.
- Drink excess of water.