Upper Lip Wrinkles-Causes, Remedies
Upper lip wrinkles can give a aged appearance to the entire face. These wrinkles are mostly caused by factors such as sun exposure, smoking and lack of skin proteins in the body.
Cause of Upper Lip Wrinkles
Wrinkles are mostly caused due to the depletion of hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin. These acids and proteins are responsible for wrinkle free and flexible skin. Upper lip is the area which is very thin and it becomes much thinner due to certain external factors. Apart from natural factors such as smiling, environmental factors also play a major role.
Remedies for Upper Lip Wrinkles
- Hydration of skin is the most important criteria for lip wrinkle treatment. Taking water helps in making wrinkles less noticeable. Applying moisturizing cream before going to bed can also be helpful. Use of oil based natural products like olive oil, vitamin E oil and almond oil is effective.
- Simple Exercises also help. Sit straight in front of mirror with elbows on the table. Place thumbs under upper lip in such a way that thumb touch gums and upper lip. Now pull the upper lip by applying pressure. Hold on for 6 to 7 seconds and bring it back to normal position.
- Use of extracts and oils of fruits and vegetables can be effective for treating wrinkles. Common examples of oils and extracts include avocado oil, passion fruit juice extract and capuacu butter. These compounds provide with all essential fats and antioxidants that are vital for skin. These antioxidants play a major role in fighting against free radicals that damage cells.
- Collagen injection fills helps to improve lip volume. Before use of this injections it is better to seek doctor’s advice.
- Smoking causes damage to lips. So it is better to avoid smoking.
- If the above mentioned procedures do not work then one can switch on to laser resurfacing, tissue fillers and botox injections.