Retinol Wrinkle Cream- Does it Help?
Everyone would like to maintain a young and radiant skin even as age progresses. Use of retinol wrinkle creams shows anti-aging effects and improves skin texture by enhancing the production of collagen and elastin.
Benefits of Retinol Wrinkle Cream
- Retinol is also called as vitamin A and is a fat soluble vitamin. This vitamin plays a role of an antioxidant and affects the aging process. Retinol cream when applied on the skin penetrates deep into the skin and delivers vitamin A to the inner layers. This process enables the increased production of elastin and collagen that are vital for the skin. It helps the skin to look younger and smooth.
- Retinol also benefits the outer layers of the skin by replacing the older dead cells with healthy ones. Therefore, use of retinol based skin creams shows noticeable effects on the skin.
- Retinol enhances the production of collagen, a vital skin protein. It also produces hyaluronic acid which helps in keeping the skin hydrated.
- It acts as a powerful antioxidant and fights against the free radicals that damage the skin cells.
- It aids in proper communication of skin cells. In case of younger individuals, skin cells have receptors that accept retinoic acid and helps the growth of new cells. However, the ability to communicate diminishes as age progresses and cells are unable to recognize retinoic acid. Use of retinol based creams can help in these cases.
- Use of this cream causes irritation in case of people with sensitive skin. Mild rashes and redness can be observed. It is better to buy retinol creams containing hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil and apricot kernel oil.
- Retinol is highly sensitive to sun. So, when you are out in the sun apply a sun block cream. This creams should not be used during pregnancy as it causes side effects.
- Retinol creams do not show results overnight and there is a need to use it regularly. Apart from use of retinol wrinkle cream, there is a need to maintain a balanced diet and one should quit smoking and alcohol.