Skin Wrinkle- Causes, Factors and Ways to Avoid them
As we age, skin loses its ability to repair and causes wrinkles. They appear as lines or deep furrows on the skin. This article describes about skin wrinkle causes, factors and ways to avoid them.
Skin is made of three different layers epidermis, dermis and the subcutaneous fat layer. Epidermis acts as a protective layer of the skin. The dermis layer contains connective tissue that is vital for elasticity and strength. Below this layer is the subcutaneous fat layer. In this layer fat cells are present. These fat cells help the skin to look plump.
As age progresses epidermal layer becomes thinner, looses stickiness, skin dries and repairing process retards. In case of the second layer, dermis collagen fiber production decreases, elastin wears out, nutrient supply decreases and the number of sweat glands also decreases. In the subcutaneous layer fat cells become small. All these changes in the skin are the causes for wrinkle development.
Factors that Promote Wrinkles
- Smoking is one of the major factor.
- Sun exposure is the main cause for wrinkle development.
- Hormonal changes is also a cause for its development.
- People with dry skin are at a greater risk for developing wrinkles.
Ways to Avoid Skin Wrinkle
- Intake of vitamins can help to cure wrinkles. Important vitamins to be taken include vitamin A, C and E. These vitamins acts as powerful antioxidants and helps to protect from free radical damage to the skin.
- Application of a moisturizer helps to maintain a hydrated skin. Mostly these moisturizers contain glycerin, lipids, collagen, elastin and alpha hydroxy acids.
- Follow a balanced diet and drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Include in your diet fresh fruits, whole grains, healthy oils and vegetables. These foods should be included since they contain antioxidants.
- Home remedies such as application of egg yolk once in a week for ten minutes can help to reduce wrinkles. Mixture of olive oil, cream and honey applied on the skin shows good results.