Wrinkles on Face From Sleeping
A person spends about one third of his time sleeping. The more the person sleeps more is the wrinkles that he or she develops. Wrinkles on face from sleeping can be avoided by using a suitable pillow and a perfect sleeping position.
Wrinkles on Face
- Sleeping for a long period of time in the same position by resting your face on the pillow causes face wrinkles. People who tend to sleep on sides or with their faces pressed on the pillow have a greater chance of getting wrinkles on cheeks, forehead and chin. Sleeping on your back is desirable, since it avoids the appearance of wrinkles due to sleeping.
- If one does not feel comfortable sleeping on their back, you can try placing a pillow below your knees to reduce the stress on lower back.
- If it is very difficult to sleep on your back, use a pillow that aids in minimizing facial wrinkles. Sleep on a non synthetic soft pillow that you can squish or fluff. Better to choose a pillow that is made of feathers as it is natural and gives maximum comfort and adjustment. Use of these pillows provide softness, improves facial circulation and eliminates pressure points.
- Choosing the right type of pillow case is also important. Avoid use of cotton pillow cases as they enhance the formation of ugly creases on the skin. Instead, choose a pillow case that is made of satin or silk material.
- Another way to avoid wrinkles is use of copper embedded pillowcase. Copper has a property of stimulating cell growth and the production of collagen that is vital for healthy skin. Other ingredients that can be included in these pillows are seaweed and aloe vera.
- It is very difficult to reverse wrinkles on face that develop during sleeping as they are caused due to muscle contractions. Treatments such as botox are also ineffective to fight against these wrinkles. So, it is better to opt for a perfect sleeping position.