How to Prevent Premature Wrinkling of Skin
Wrinkles develop as age progresses. But in some cases they tend to develop much before the age. This article talks about the ways by which one can prevent premature wrinkling of skin. Avoiding sun exposure, balanced diet and regular exercises helps to prevent the early development of wrinkles.
How to Avoid Premature Wrinkling of Skin
- Avoid too much of sugar consumption. Taking in excessive sugar causes the skin to look wrinkly and tough. Sugar attaches to collagen and damages it. The so damaged collagen causes the skin to dry and develops into wrinkles.
- Eat foods that help to fight against wrinkles. Beans, berries, tomatoes, apricots, sunflower seeds, fish and apricots are few foods that are vital for healthy skin.
- Apply a cream that boosts collagen production. It should be rich in antioxidants vitamin E, copper peptides, co enzyme Q10, black tea, caffeine and green tea. Retinol is one of the vital element that you should look for. Retinol helps in collagen production, an important element for skin.
- Say no to smoking. Smoking causes the release of free radicals that damage the skin elements elastin and collagen. This in turn affects the skin’s elasticity. Smoking accelerates dehydration, a primary risk factor for wrinkles development.
- Avoid sun exposure as it is the primary cause for development of wrinkles. Sun exposure depletes the collagen component of the skin and causes premature wrinkling of the skin. So when you are out in the sun try to apply a sunscreen. A sunscreen of SPF 15 should be used.
- Regular exercises provide a vibrant and healthy skin. They should be performed for about 30 minutes everyday.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid alcohol consumption and stress.
- Natural lotions and moisturizing creams when massaged regularly helps to keep your skin supple and soft.