Cocoa Butter for Wrinkles
Cocoa butter has been used in beauty industry for several years in several parts of the world. Even wrinkles can be effectively treated with the cocoa butter due its various properties. Cocoa butter acts as an emollient and it helps soften the skin and retains moisture. Thus, it helps in wrinkles reduction. The botanical name of cocoa is Theobroma cacao. Theobroma means food of Gods. Various properties of cocoa butter and its use to prevent wrinkles are discussed in this article.
Properties of Cocoa Butter
- It has a melting point at human body temperature.
- It is an excellent moisturizer, which helps reduce the loss of moisture.
- It is known as a hydrating agent, thus it help reduces the wrinkles on the dry skin.
- It is characterized as gentle on the skin with a pleasant aroma.
- It has emollient properties, thus it is used in lotions and soaps.
- It becomes hard at room temperature.
- Cocoa butter is used as a thickening agent. Thus, it is used in lipstick, creams and soaps.
- It is very easily absorbed into the skin.
How Cocoa Butter is used to Treat Wrinkles?
Cocoa butter is used to maintain youth and beauty. It has age-defying properties and thus, used to cure wrinkles. It is used to cure wrinkles because of the following properties:
– Cocoa butter is a rich source of vitamin E, which is good for skin.
– It acts as a natural antioxidant, thus it helps reduce the effect of damage to skin from growing age and exposure to the sun.
– It is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin and helps keep the skin soft and supple.
– Cocoa butter has anti-aging properties. Thus, it is effectively used for cure of wrinkles, when used on a regular basis. It helps tighten the skin muscles.
– Cocoa butter is used for massaging the skin. It helps the muscles to relax and lubricate the skin.
Thus, due to the above described properties of cocoa butter, it can be concluded that cocoa butter itself cannot act as a formulation of anti-wrinkle cream, but it can be a good option for extremely dry skin. Thus, a person with dry skin wrinkles can search for an anti-wrinkle cream that contains cocoa butter as an ingredient, which may help moisturize the skin as well as treat wrinkles.